The quick list:
1. You don’t have to sell your car from home.
2. Always be alert and use your instinct.
3. Make sure to get all the buyers details IE Name, address, (work address as well), all phone numbers which should include a landline number, the buyers registration number of the car they arrive in.
4. For telephone inquiries only give away the necessary information on the vehicle. Not the full registration or vin number.
5. A potential buyer will want to see all the documents to the car, but don’t let them take any away or copy them (IE camera phone).
6. If genuine they will want a test drive, don’t let them take the car alone.
7. One of the best payment methods is by using CHAPS. Be over cautious when accepting bank drafts, personal cheque’s and even cash (which can be forged)