19 November 2011
<< Go Back


Motorhomes are required to have an MOT after three years. For motorhomes with a design gross weight (DGW) up to 3.5 tons, these can be legally driven on an ordinary car license. Above this weight and with a MAM (Maxium Authorised Mass) of between 3.5 to 7.5tonne require a pre-1st of January 1997 licence or a class 3 LGV licence.

More information can be obtained from the DVLA on the following licensing link below:

 Motorhome servicing | Caravans - The Approved Workshop Scheme | MOT’s

 (Back to Caravan & Motorhome Advice)